Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Personal with M...one more step

I continue my intention of becoming more personal in this blog with another Q&A that I found on Justine's blog.

Why did you start blogging? What inspired you to create a blog?
I've been collecting fashion magazines and clippings as long as I can remember. This is just another way of collecting fashion inspirations.

How did you come up with your blog title?
I have lived in cosmopolitan cities, London, Hong Kong, Stockholm and New York. I love it and am constantly inspired by people on the streets, the way they dress and the way they want to express themselves. This blog and its name is a way of using the city and all inspirations into something positive.  

Who are your style icons? 
So many, but none special at the moment.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A journalist, a stylist and a author. I've already achieved the first two and mow its only the books that I need to write. Hopefully, one day...

What are your favorite stores?
Forest Bird in Hong Kong, all vintage boutiques on Brick Lane in London, Gammalt&Nytt in Stockholm and Hermés boutiques all over the world.

What are your favorite magazines?
W magazine, Vanity Fair, British Harper's Bazaar, i-D, A Perfect Guide, The Rake (a men´s fashion mag based in Hong Kong), Tatler and Nylon. A strange but mix, I know. But it reflects my style.

Do you wear any makeup?
Not really. During daytime I only use an eyebrow pencil and moisturiser. When I'm out in the evnings I add some lipstick, but that's it. I have enough natural colours on my face anyway.

Do you visit fashion blogs and websites that are non-American? What do you think of non-American fashion blogs and websites? 
Of course I do! Being Swedish I read a lot of fashion blogs written in Swedish. I also read a lot of French and British blogs. I like all of them but don't think that nationality of the blogger stands out in what they write or how they express themselves on the blog.

What kind of music do you have on your i-Pod?
A bit of everything! Deep house, electro, indie, 50's stuff. Right now I listen a lot to First Aid Kit, Edith Piaf, Miss Kittin and Robyn.

What are your favorite books?
I love books and I read alot! The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster, Man and Boy by Tony Parsons, A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby, Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld, Fashion Babylon by Imogen Edwards-Jones, Valley of the Dolls by Jaqueline Susann, Electroboy by Andy Behrman, The Secret History by Donna Tartt, Bringing Home the Birkin by Michael Tonello, Ragtime by E.L Doctorow, Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison.
If you could hang out with someone, living or dead, for an entire day...who would you choose?
Barack Obama! But if he's busy I would go for André Leon Talley or Ricardo Tisci.

No comments:

Post a Comment