Friday, December 3, 2010

Personal with M

As I mentioned earlier there has been a few requests from people who read my blog that I should become more personal. I will follow-up with another Q&A with myself to give you an idea of who I am =)

1. What do you believe makes a quality piece of clothing?
Simplicity with an edge. Choice of material.

2. Which country do you wish you lived in?
New York, USA! But it´s hopefully something that will happened sooner than later ;-) Having lived in London, Hong Kong and Stockholm I am a true cosmopolitan who gets my energy and inspiration from the city buzz.

3. Who are some of your favourite designers?
So many! It is always changing, but here are a few: Hermés, Miu Miu, Prada, Alexander McQueen, Minimarket, Christian Siriano, Chloe, Chanel, Ferragamo, Costume Nationale and many more!

4. What is your favourite piece of art of all time?
I know it´s not very original, but I'm a Pop Art devotee where Roy Liechtenstein is my all time favourite. Dan Colen´s Lipstick painting. I also really like the Swedish artist Ernst Billgren. I'm also amazed by Christo and Jeanne-Claude´s installations where The Gates in Central Park is the most memorable one.

5. What are some of your favourite fashion websites, magazines or books?
My favorite magazines are W magazine, i-D, British Harpers Bazaar and the Hong Kong-based men's fashion mag The Rake. My fav fashion website are of course the style bible Style.com, Wonderland magazine and Vogue.com. Finally my favourite fashion books are "Fashionista: A century of Style Icons", "The Jimmy Choo Story" and "Coco Chanel" by Axel Madsen.

6. Name six people who you would invite to dinner, living or dead?
Tina Brown, Nicole Phelps, Barack Obama, Sarah Burton, Riccardo Tisci and Tamara Mellon.

7. What are your favourite colours to wear and why?
Black, camel, white - which are all simple and classic. Gold, red and yellow.

8. What inspired you / made you decide to start your blog?
Other blogs, street style, culture, holidays, fashion mags and many other things!

9. Where about would you be caught shopping or snagging some amazing deals?
At an Hermés vintage auction in Paris or at an outdoor market in Provence.

10. Can you define your personal style?
Chic, assymetric, sleek yet crazy!

11. What song or artist are you obsessed with at the moment?
Rebecca & Fiona "Luminary Ones", First Aid Kit "Our own pretty ways" and "You're not coming home tonight", Mory Kanté "Yeke Yeke", Dubtribe Soundsystem "Equitoreal", Dennis Ferrer "Hey Hey", Robyn, Leila K "Open Sesame" and Lady Gaga.

No comments:

Post a Comment